The MIZ-Babelsberg funds international media revolutionaries to rethink broadcasting and create new format concepts for a young audience.
Do you want to develop a non-fictional format for 14 to 29 year-olds and work with German format developers to increase your creative potentials within a three-month stay in Germany (Berlin/Potsdam)? Do you possess excellent English skills, both written and spoken? Then we would love to help you realize your pilot concept!
As part of the innovation funding, international creatives will receive a scholarship for three months to realize a transmedia, innovative format concept for 14 to 29 years olds at MIZ-Babelsberg. International scholars will cooperate with participants of the MIZ Format Festival as well as the Entertainment Master Class (EMC) “Developing Formats”.
The Scholarship includes
- a three month scholarship at MIZ-Babelsberg: 5.000 Euros
- support for travel expenses of 1.000 Euros
- optional production budget of 3.000 Euros
- participation in the MIZ Format Festival Protothon (2-3 August, 2016)
- participation in the Entertainment Master Class workshop “Developing Formats” (3-6 September 2016 in London)
- Office space at MIZ-Babelsberg
- technical and administrational support through the MIZ-Babelsberg
- individual mentoring by experts from the EMC network to further develop the format concept
- access to the MIZ radio and television studios as well as editing and production equipment for any project-related use
All amounts are gross amounts!
We do not only expect new impulses from the international scholars, but also unconventional and technologically-progressive approaches for developing format pilots.
The Scholars may hold a public workshop in their respective area of competence at the MIZ as part of the MIZ training program.
As the final product the scholars will present a format pilot (concept), produce a 1.5-minute trailer and a max. two-sided final report. Format concepts will be presented within a proper final presentation.
- 2-5 years of practical experience with extraordinary reference projects
- Demonstrated expertise in a relevant area with innovative broadcasting reference
- The ability to provide a compact, conclusive workshop in the corresponding area of competence
- The ability to engage in new, cross-cultural situations and to network
- The ability to work independently and in a multimedia field
- English skills at least B2 level
- Presence on site (in the MIZ-Babelsberg) and willingness to work independently for three months
Dates & Application
- Duration: 3 months
- Application deadline: July 13th, 2016 (application is closed for 2016)
- Kick-off: August 1st, 2016 at MIZ-Babelsberg
- MIZ Format Festival Protothon: August 2-3, 2016
- Entertainment Master Class Workshop “Developing Formats”: September 3-6, 2016 in London
- Scholar's Workshop at MIZ-Babelsberg: September/October 2016
- Final presentation of pilot concept & trailer: end of October 2016
For Information on all completed projects, see Alumni.
Do you have questions? Please contact the funding team by mail: email@example.com or via phone: +49 (0) 331 58 56 58 - 26.