The MIZ-Babelsberg funds international media revolutionaries to rethink broadcasting and create new format concepts for a young audience.
Do you want to develop a non-fictional format for 14 to 29 year-olds and work with German format developers to increase your creative potentials within a three-month stay in Germany (Berlin/Potsdam)? Do you possess excellent English skills, both written and spoken? Then we would love to help you realize your pilot concept!
As part of the innovation funding, international creatives will receive a scholarship for three months to realize a transmedia, innovative format concept for 14 to 29 years olds at MIZ-Babelsberg. International scholars will have the unique opportunity to cooperate with participants of the Entertainment Master Class (EMC) “Developing Formats”.
Dates & Application
Calls and application deadlines will be announced here
The Scholarship includes
- a three month scholarship at MIZ-Babelsberg: 5.000 Euros
- support for travel expenses of 1.000 Euros
- optional production budget of 3.000 Euros
- participation in the MIZ Format Festival Protothon (2-3 August, 2016)
- participation in the Entertainment Master Class workshop “Developing Formats” (3-6 September 2016 in London)
- Office space at MIZ-Babelsberg
- technical and administrational support through the MIZ-Babelsberg
- individual mentoring by experts from the EMC network to further develop the format concept
- access to the MIZ radio and television studios as well as editing and production equipment for any project-related use
All amounts are gross amounts!
We do not only expect new impulses from the international scholars, but also unconventional and technologically-progressive approaches for developing format pilots.
MIZ International Scholars may hold a public workshop in their respective area of competence at the MIZ as part of the MIZ training program. As final product scholars will present a format pilot (concept), produce a 1.5-minute trailer and a max. two-sided final report. Format concepts will be presented within a proper final presentation.
- 2-5 years of practical experience with extraordinary reference projects
- demonstrated expertise in a relevant area with innovative broadcasting reference
- the ability to provide a compact, conclusive workshop in the corresponding area of competence
- the ability to engage in new, cross-cultural situations and to network
- the ability to work independently and in a multimedia field
- English skills at least B2 level
- presence on site (at MIZ) and willingness to work independently for three months
+49. 331. 58 56 58-26
If you have any questions regarding the MIZ International Scholarship or MIZ Innovation Funding in general please do not hesitate to contact us. We will be pleased to assist!
For information on all completed projects, see Alumni.